OSAGE COUNTY, Kan. (KSNT) – Osage County authorities are investigating after a woman was found bound and unconscious inside of a car near Lawrence.
The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office said around 11:30 Saturday night, the Topeka Police Department asked deputies to do a welfare check at 1104 East 1000 Road. It is the former Wakarusa Valley school building parking lot
When authorities arrived, they found a woman in a white Silverado truck, bound and unconscious.
Deputies brought the woman to Lawrence Memorial Hospital where they were met by Osage County detectives who took over the incident.
Lawrence Public Schools said that the crime didn’t have any connection to the school district or the school property, other than the vehicle being parked there.
They also said the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office confirmed that no crimes occurred in Douglas County or had any connection to the school district.
- Taste alone won’t persuade Americans to swap out beef for plant-based burgers
- Storm Track 3 Forecast: Front brings windy then severe weather
- Give mom native plants this Mother’s Day and help Mother Nature, too
- Eisenhower girls soccer dominates on both sides of the ball
- Lawmakers finalize state budget as they prepare to wrap-up session