OSAGE COUNTY, Kan. (KSNT) – Osage County authorities are investigating after a woman was found bound and unconscious inside of a car near Lawrence.
The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office said around 11:30 Saturday night, the Topeka Police Department asked deputies to do a welfare check at 1104 East 1000 Road. It is the former Wakarusa Valley school building parking lot
When authorities arrived, they found a woman in a white Silverado truck, bound and unconscious.
Deputies brought the woman to Lawrence Memorial Hospital where they were met by Osage County detectives who took over the incident.
Lawrence Public Schools said that the crime didn’t have any connection to the school district or the school property, other than the vehicle being parked there.
They also said the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office confirmed that no crimes occurred in Douglas County or had any connection to the school district.
- Protests heat up across US, governors call in National Guard
- T.J.’s Forecast: Quiet end to the weekend on tap
- President Trump praises Secret Service after George Floyd protests outside White House
- Photo Gallery: SpaceX rocket blasts off in historic flight to International Space Station
- WATCH: NASA launches 2 astronauts into orbit on SpaceX rocket for historic mission