WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – A suspect is in custody following a multi-vehicle crash that injured four people in southeast Wichita. The crash happened at the intersection of Harry and Hillside.
The Kansas Highway Patrol ran a license plate of a car near Kellogg and Washington around 9:30 a.m. Sunday. Troopers followed the suspect to an area QuikTrip. When law enforcement made contact, the suspect fled southbound on Hillside at a high rate of speed.
Troopers pursued the suspect. They called off the chase near Lincoln and Hillside. The driver of the stolen vehicle drove through a red light which caused a four-vehicle crash at the intersection.
“The sole cause of this is the reckless choice of the suspect, to one to flee, and then, to continue running even after the pursuit had been disregarded, and then, to disobey a red light entering a heavily traveled intersection at a high rate of speed,” said Lt. Aaron McGuire, Kansas Highway Patrol.
Four people were injured and taken to area hospitals. The suspect was also transported to the hospital.
- T.J.’s Forecast: Winter storm on the horizon, big changes tomorrow into early next week
- KBI: Arkansas man dead following an officer-involved shooting in Montgomery County
- See the 71 movies titles coming to Netflix in November
- Record surge: US shatters single-day mark of COVID-19 cases
- Taylor’s Forecast: Cooler and more wintry weather is on the way