WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Police have identified the victim in a deadly shooting in south Wichita.
The shooting occurred around 5:45 a.m. Saturday in the 1200 block of South Main.
John Buess-Wheeler, 24, of Augusta was found with a gunshot wound to the chest. He was taken to a hospital, where he died.
A 25-year-old man was shot once in the arm and drove himself to the hospital. Police say his injuries are not life-threatening.
Police said there a fight between the suspect, identified as 20-year-old Carver K. Soliman, and the two victims. During the fight, Soliman allegedly fired his weapon striking Buess-Wheeler and the 25-year-old victim in the arm.
The Wichita Police Department arrested Soliman on suspicion of second-degree murder.
Police say the shooting was believed to be drug-related.
- NAIA announces plan for return to play this fall
- Democrats want to eliminate qualified immunity doctrine
- ‘We cannot let our guard down’: KDHE, governor give update on coronavirus in Kansas
- Michael Jordan, Jordan Brand announce $100 million donation over next 10 years
- Entire Buffalo Police Emergency Response Team resigns in support of suspended officers