WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – The Wichita Police Department arrested 25-year-old Brietan Rader, of Wichita, on suspicion of child abuse, child endangerment, and several other drug-related charges.
Authorities responded to the 3600 block of West 13th Street North on Friday around 8:30 p.m.
Police tell KSN News a 9-month-old girl suffered critical injuries. She remains hospitalized.
Police tell KSN News that an investigation was initiated because of an incident that happened inside the apartment complex, eventually leading to the arrest Rader.
Two other children, ages 6 and 2, were placed in police protective custody. They were not injured.
During the investigation, officers discovered a marijuana grow operation inside the apartment.
Police say Rader is not the father of the injured girl.
The case will be presented to the Sedgwick County District Attorney’s Office.
- Illegal drugs through the mail: ‘It’s a daily occurrence’
- Teachman’s Take: Snowfall continues for parts of Kansas into the overnight
- Lawmakers demand more accountability from PG&E for role in starting wildfires
- Should the Tampa Bay Buccaneers move up to draft Alabama QB Tua Tagovailoa?
- WSU Tech creates scholarships to help workers laid off by Spirit, other aerospace companies