WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) - Authorities said Donnell Stafford, the husband of Leuh Moore, has been booked into the Sedgwick County Jail. Police said Moore was killed early Sunday. Moore's body was found in a dumpster.
On Monday, police searched Moore's home near Seneca and Dayton.
During the investigation, it was learned that Moore's 30-year-old husband was a suspect. He was located and arrested Tuesday morning in Davenport, Iowa. He was driving her stolen vehicle.
"The suspect and vehicle were located in Davenport, Iowa. They were taken in custody by state troopers and the Davenport, Iowa Police Department," said Lt. Todd Ojile, Wichita Police Department.
Stafford was held in an Iowa jail prior to his extradition to Kansas on a first-degree murder charge. He is being held in Sedgwick County on first-degree murder, cruelty to animals, and fugitive from justice.
Officials haven't released what led up to the the murder.
"There is a history of domestic violence. We don't know what led to the homicide," said Ojile.
Investigators said the suspect took to the couple's 7-year-old son to a relative's house after his mother was killed.
Police said they found two dogs that were stabbed inside the home during the search Monday. They were taken to an emergency veterinarian.
Wichita police cordoned off a home near Seneca and Dayton in an investigation to a 38-year-old woman's body found Sunday night.
The body was found in the 1700 block of South Seneca behind the Cave Liquor Store.
An employee called police after a customer found the body in a dumpster.
"The female had blunt force trauma injuries. We do not have an identification on the female," said officer Charley Davidson, Wichita Police Department. "We are still very preliminary in the investigation. We aren't giving many details in the investigation."
Right now, police are processing the home near Dayton and Seneca and conducting interviews.
Police haven't identified a suspect in the case. It is the city's 12th homicide this year.
Anybody with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 267-2111 or investigators at 268-4407.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Wichita police looking for liquor and smoke shop...
- Man drowns at Kansas apartment pool where he...
- Wichita police investigating a possible abduction
- Park City seeking input for recreational...
- Additional charges filed in deadly Kansas...
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Injured toddler overlooked after deadly crash
- Mom accused of letting men rape her 2-year-old...
- Trump: New Air Force One to get red, white and...
- A day after back-tracking, Trump defends summit...
- Ex-FBI chief Comey urges voters to support...