HUTCHINSON, Kan. (KSNW) – The Hutchinson Police Department believes a threat at Hutchinson High School began on Snapchat and the posting was made by someone in Texas. The chat was picked up by an HHS student and shared.
The police department said as word spread it became embellished with additional rumors about a video, which were investigated as well.
USD 308 said staff received word of the threat at the school. Police were called to investigate, and several officers responded. The district said all threats are taken seriously.
- Lawmakers to debate bill that would stop governor from filling treasurer, insurance commissioner openings
- 8 things to know about America’s 1st second gentleman, Doug Emhoff
- Women to wear pearls, Converse on Inauguration Day in Harris’ honor
- VACCINES: Phase 2 expected to begin soon
- Keeping Kansas healthy, Colby Elementary secures $30,000 grant to keep students active