WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Wichita police are asking for assistance from the public in the investigation of the suspicious death of a woman found inside a home.
Sgt. Dan Binkley of the Wichita Police Department says a 911 call came in around 9:40 a.m. Sunday morning urging police to conduct a welfare check at a home in the 4900 block of East Murdock.
Emergency personnel responded discovering an unresponsive woman with unknown trauma. The woman, believed to be in her 30s, was pronounced by emergency responders on the scene.
“I don’t know how many people were in the home at the time that the incident took place,” said Sgt. Binkley. “I know at the time she was discovered by the calling party, that when officers responded, she was the only person inside the house at the time.”
Binkley told KSN that police were speaking with neighbors and the original calling party, as well as looking for anyone with information about the residence and its occupants.
- Wichita police chief speaks out about George Floyd’s death
- When will concerts return? Sedgwick County venues decide whether or not to re-open
- Renters struggle to pay rent, worry about future rent payments
- Fall Semester: How do Kansas universities look to proceed?
- Wichita Dillons worker’s positivity inspires coworkers and customers