TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) — Police in Topeka are investigating the overnight shooting death of man near the city’s Freedom Valley Park.
Police say in a news release that officers were called to the area around 11:30 p.m. Tuesday for a 911 call reporting gunshots. Arriving officers found a person suffering from critical injuries who died at the scene.
On Wednesday morning, police identified the victim as 37-year-old Mark Edwards, of Topeka.
No arrests had been reported by Wednesday morning, and police were asking the public for any information on the fatal shooting.
- City, highway crews on standby to treat roads in Wichita
- Kansas drivers already experiencing icy road conditions ahead of expected winter weather
- Commissioners Cruse, Dennis react to lawmakers involved in attack ad lawsuit
- Chiefs rout Broncos 43-16 as Mahomes barely breaks a sweat
- Suspect in Leavenworth child abduction, double homicide in custody, yet to be charged