WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Wichita police arrested a 42-year-old man after he committed an alleged strong-armed robbery.
It happened around 2:20 p.m. Wednesday at the QuikTrip in the 1500 block of S. Seneca.
A 31-year-old employee said the suspect went behind the register, opened the register and took cash. He also battered an employee. The employee wasn’t seriously injured.
The suspect fled in a silver Chrysler 300. The car was located by police on South McLean.
Police said Tyrone Thompson was arrested on suspicion of robbery and domestic violence battery.
- Lawmakers to debate bill that would stop governor from filling treasurer, insurance commissioner openings
- 8 things to know about America’s 1st second gentleman, Doug Emhoff
- Women to wear pearls, Converse on Inauguration Day in Harris’ honor
- VACCINES: Phase 2 expected to begin soon
- Keeping Kansas healthy, Colby Elementary secures $30,000 grant to keep students active