WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Wichita police said they arrested a 19-year-old man after he allegedly tried to drown a teenage girl.
On Monday night around 10, police responded to a home in north Wichita and found the girl who was visibly shaken and wet. Police learned there was a fight between the victim and the suspect near a pond. The suspect allegedly battered her, dragged her to the pond, and held her head underwater. Police say the suspect then released her and fled.
Officers said they located Dominic Thomas and arrested him. He was booked into the Sedgwick County Jail on suspicion of attempted murder and aggravated kidnapping.
Police said the case will be presented to the district attorney’s office.
Domestic Violence resources:
- Sedgwick County 911
- Harbor House Domestic Violence Shelter, 263-6000
- Wichita Family Crisis Center, 267-7233
- Wichita Area Sexual Assault Center, 263-3002
- StepStone, 265-1611
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233
- Original James Bond actor Sean Connery dies at 90
- $1,200 direct payments: Americans blame both parties for stimulus check stalemate
- “We will pick them up from their homes”: League of Women Voters push to get residents out the door to vote
- Taylor’s Forecast: Feeling like Fall for Halloween, cooler tomorrow
- Non-profit organization working to open affordable daycare in downtown Wichita