WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Wichita police arrested a 24-year-old man in connection to a shooting that left another 19-year-old man injured. The shooting happened at 4:12 a.m. to the area of Wassall and Hydraulic.
Police said two men were in a fight with several other people at an apartment complex near the area. During the disturbance, the 24-year-old man fired a gun striking the 19-year-old man. He was transported to St. Joseph Hospital in a private vehicle, treated, and released.
Police said they booked Kory Anziana of Wichita on suspicion of aggravated battery. The case they said remains under investigation and the shooting was not a random incident.
- Sedgwick County commissioners will hold special meeting today to discuss masks
- Alabama students hold COVID-19 parties with prize for first sick person
- Police make arrest in Monday stabbing that left man in critical condition
- Wichita to get Amazon distribution center, 100+ jobs
- Second stimulus: Mnuchin says White House will ‘seriously consider’ more payments