WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Police said a 35-year-old man is dead following a shooting in west Wichita early Wednesday.
Police said Laramie Miller of Wichita was located in the 7100 block of West Shade Lane near Central and Ridge at 5:39 a.m.
A resident of an apartment heard a gunshot and reported a man lying on the ground. Police arrived and found Miller suffering from a gunshot wound to the upper body. He was transported to the hospital where he died.
The Wichita Police Department has developed several leads through eyewitness interviews and area surveillance video, and investigators are piecing to this case together. However, detectives are still requesting the community’s assistance.
If you know anything about the shooting, you are asked to call 911, Crime Stoppers at (316) 267-2111 or the homicide section at (316) 268-4407
- Saliva testing deemed easier, but is it worth the wait?
- Footprints ICT gifts more than 10,000 socks to Wichitans in need
- Lawmakers debate putting more restrictions on governor’s power during emergency
- Corn fall harvest is underway in the western part of the state – irrigated corn behind pace
- City workshops incentives to bring jobs, boost small business