TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) — Topeka police say a man was run over and killed in a field near a walking trail.
Lt. Manny Munoz said witnesses reported hearing an argument Monday afternoon before seeing a vehicle run over a person and drive away.
Munoz says officers found an adult male suffering from injuries near the Soldier Trail.
He died at a Topeka hospital. Munoz says the driver was located a short time later and is being questioned.
The names of the victim and the driver have not been released. It wasn’t immediately clear what the people involved were arguing about.
- Wichita Public Schools will look at onsite learning option for 6th-12th graders
- ‘He is ready to go back’: Officer shot in Lyons making recovery alongside wife in hospital
- All 62 residents in Norton County nursing home test positive for COVID-19, of which 10 have passed away
- Chiefs top Bills, improve to 5-1
- Big turnout at Intrust for early voting this year