TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) — Topeka police say a man was run over and killed in a field near a walking trail.
Lt. Manny Munoz said witnesses reported hearing an argument Monday afternoon before seeing a vehicle run over a person and drive away.
Munoz says officers found an adult male suffering from injuries near the Soldier Trail.
He died at a Topeka hospital. Munoz says the driver was located a short time later and is being questioned.
The names of the victim and the driver have not been released. It wasn’t immediately clear what the people involved were arguing about.
- ICT Bar Rescue awards $50,000 worth of grants
- Going after his dreams: Dennis describes training for the NBA Draft
- ‘I just really wanna get home’: Kansas mom stuck in Colombia, after adoption trip
- Local print company doing its part to help during pandemic, giving away 500 free masks
- New models show fewer Americans will die of COVID-19 than original predictions — but ONLY if social distancing continues