WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Police identified a man who died in a shooting in southeast Wichita. It happened around 6 p.m. Monday in the 4600 block of East Boston Street.
Police tell KSN News an officer was at meeting in the vicinity when someone ran in and told him someone had been shot outside.
The officer found the victim, identified as 33-year-old Jerome Armbeck, in a field nearby and began life-saving measures until additional units arrived to assist. Armbeck died at the scene.
“A disturbance occurred between Armbeck and several individuals in the 4600 block of East Boston. The suspect fired multiple times from a firearm striking Armbeck,” said officer Charley Davidson, Wichita Police Department spokesman. “It is not a random incident and believed to be drug related.”
Police have arrested 20-year-old Marcus Lamar and a 17-year-old male on suspicion of felony murder and aggravated robbery.
So far this year, 20 homicides have been recorded in the city of Wichita.
If you know anything about the shooting, you are asked to call investigators at (316) 268-4407 or Crime Stoppers at (316) 267-2111.
This comes on the heels of another deadly weekend in Wichita. Elbert Costello, Jr., 22, was killed in a drive-by shooting early Sunday morning. A 24-year-old man was also shot and was taken to the hospital in serious condition. Police said that shooting was gang-related.
- Hawley, Sanders push plans to rescue $15 minimum wage
- “She needs to address this”: Kansans demand Gov. Kelly speak at next unemployment protest
- Oath Keeper charged in Capitol riot renounces group, but judge says she’s too dangerous for release
- Accidental shooting claims man’s life in Ellis County
- American Rescue Plan hits the House floor as lawmakers split along party lines