WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Wichita police said three teens were arrested after video of a fight surfaced on social media.
Police said the incident happened around 3 p.m. Thursday at the intersection of Poplar and English.
Several people alerted police to the video. The video allegedly showed the 16-year-old boy punching a 15-year-old girl multiple times. The video also showed two other girls involved.
Police were able to locate the teenage boy at a home on South Pattie. He was arrested. The other two girls in the video were contacted and arrested today. All were booked into the Sedgwick County Juvenile Detention Facility.
The 15-year-old girl was seriously injured and taken to the hospital to be treated. Police said she received non-life-threatening injuries.
Police said the teens knew each other, and there was an ongoing dispute on social media.
The investigation is ongoing, and the case will be presented to the Sedgwick County District Attorney’s Office.
- California school shooting victims have concerned Kansas ties
- ‘The Tale of Captain Nightengale’: High school student writes children’s book
- Larned rape suspect makes first court appearance
- BEHIND THE NAME: Officials explain the process and meaning behind Wichita Wind Surge
- Mobile classroom teaching computer skills across Kansas