WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Wichita police arrested a 31-year-old man after he allegedly robbed a Best Buy and led police on a chase that ended in a crash Monday.
Police said the suspect, identified as Rodrecus A. Tobble, allegedly robbed a Best Buy on Rock and 21st Street around 8:40 p.m. Tobble fled the store in a Chevy HHR with nearly $4,000 worth of merchandise. He then led police on a chase across the city. The chase came to an end after he and a black Chevy Silverado crashed at Pawnee and Hydraulic.
“In the intersection of Pawnee and Hydraulic, a black 2003 Chevy Silverado occupied by two adults and four children struck the Chevy HHR, again driven by Tobble. Occupants of both vehicles sustained non-life threatening injuries,” said officer Charley Davidson.
Police said it appeared those children were not properly restrained in the truck.
Tobble also sustained minor injuries and was taken to a local hospital for treatment. He was later taken into custody on suspicion of robbery, flee and elude, six counts of aggravated battery, and battery of a law enforcement officer.
- Chicago man who fired gun into murder victim’s grave given 15-year sentence
- Face mask ordinance in City of Winfield starting Friday
- Convention countdown: How coronavirus is impacting preps for RNC in Florida, DNC in Wisconsin
- Atlanta mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms contracts COVID-19
- Southwest Kansas says ‘NO’ to mandating masks