SALINA, Kan. (KSNW) – A Salina man is facing federal charges after he allegedly posted an online threat this week against President Donald Trump.
Authorities say Aaron McDowell posted the following on his Facebook page Tuesday: “I’m going to kill Trump in the white house tomorrow at 7 p.m.” He later promised that “You’ll see it on the news.”
A Secret Service agent reportedly interviewed McDowell at his home on Wednesday.
A district court judge hit the Salina man with a single count of threatening the president.
- Will the Capitol rioters receive a pardon from President Trump?
- From Scranton to Pennsylvania Avenue: Joe Biden’s Story
- Positive Connections: Wichita teen overcomes depression, publishes book
- Lawmakers to debate bill that would stop governor from filling treasurer, insurance commissioner openings
- 8 things to know about America’s 1st second gentleman, Doug Emhoff