SALINA, Kan. (KSNW) – A Salina man is facing federal charges after he allegedly posted an online threat this week against President Donald Trump.
Authorities say Aaron McDowell posted the following on his Facebook page Tuesday: “I’m going to kill Trump in the white house tomorrow at 7 p.m.” He later promised that “You’ll see it on the news.”
A Secret Service agent reportedly interviewed McDowell at his home on Wednesday.
A district court judge hit the Salina man with a single count of threatening the president.
- Woman told officer ‘I have to poop so bad’ before high-speed chase
- Kansas unemployment rate falls to 6.9%
- Wichita State’s Charles Koch Arena selected as a 2020 early voting site
- Newsfeed Now: Western wildfires rage on; Missouri soldier surprises his kids
- American obesity rate hits new record