SALINA, Kan. (KSNW) – Authorities tracked down a man who allegedly started an altercation and fired a gun in the Salina Walmart parking lot.
Police Capt. Paul Forrester tells KSAL News that a melee started at 10:30 p.m. on Friday at the Salina Walmart.
Two men, a 65-year-old Salina man and his 28-year-old son, were both exiting Walmart when an acquaintance, 29-year-old Joshua Mudd, Salina, began an argument.
Mudd allegedly started the violence by punching the younger man in the mouth. Mudd then pulled a gun and fired one shot. No one was struck.
When police scanned the lot, they found one .380 shell casing.
Authorities tracked down Mudd at a home in Smolan. He was arrested and is charged with aggravated assault, criminal possession of a weapon, criminal threat, unlawful discharge of a firearm in city limits and two-counts of battery.
- T.J.’s Forecast: Cold front brings showers and thunderstorms
- Three injured in overnight shooting
- Wichita police investigating possible hate crime after family’s pride flag burned overnight
- Rogers falters, Twins allow 7 in 9th in 12-5 loss to Royals
- Taylor’s Forecast: A Severe Thunderstorm Watch is in effect until midnight.