WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Authorities arrested a third person in connection to the homicide, kidnapping, and robbery of 30-year-old Christian Hernandez.
Hernandez was found by a woman driving in the area of 45th Street North and Greenwich Wednesday, Nov. 27 around 7:30 a.m.
“She noticed the body of a man in a ditch so she called deputies,” said Lt. Tim Myers with the Sedgwick County Sheriff’s Office. “Deputies responded and found the man was unresponsive.”
Hernandez died from a gunshot.
On Monday, the sheriff’s office said 33-year-old Thomas R. Armstrong and 30-year-old Efrain D. Arroyo II were both booked on suspicion of aggravated kidnapping, aggravated robbery, and first-degree murder.
A woman, 28-year-old Whitney Duke, was arrested on suspicion of aggravated kidnapping and robbery.
The case will be presented to the Sedgwick County District Attorney’s Office.
The death of Hernandez is still being investigated. This is the third homicide in the county this year.
- Cases of coronavirus in Kansas increase to 29,717, with 3 new deaths
- Biden no longer coming to Milwaukee to accept presidential nomination
- Google Doodle promotes mask-wearing and social distancing practices
- Andy Reid, Chiefs coaches preparing for a training camp unlike any other
- Southwest Airlines cuts back on COVID-19 cleanings to speed up flight turnarounds