WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Rachel Hilyard, who was convicted of killing her ex-boyfriend’s mother in 2017, was sentenced to life in prison with no chance of parole for 50 years on Tuesday.
Hilyard was found guilty of first-degree murder for the death of Micki Davis back in February.
Prosecutors said Hilyard beheaded Davis after the two got into a fight. When police arrived at the scene, Hilyard was hiding inside Davis’ home.
A probable cause affidavit later detailed the events that led up to the decapitation of 63-year-old Micki Davis. The affidavit said Hilyard was covered with blood and the home had a strong smell of marijuana. The document said Hilyard stated “this is my fault” while officers were taking evidence photos and told officers it “seemed like she was coming after me with a picture frame” and added, “God was telling me to do it.”
- Kansas school districts adjusting for winter weather in already challenging year
- KSN Storm Track 3 Digital Extra: This season’s hard freeze is coming
- Teachman’s Take: Strong cold front moves in Thursday, big changes on the horizon
- Drought continues to plague Kansas – winter wheat feeling the hit
- Web Link: Kansas Eviction Prevention Program