SHAWNEE MISSION, Kan. (AP) — Authorities in northeastern Kansas say a Shawnee Mission elementary teacher has been charged with a child sex crime.
The Kansas City Star reports that 63-year-old Kim Zier, who worked as a fifth-grade teacher at Pawnee Elementary School before being placed on leave, was charged in Johnson County District Court with one count of aggravated indecent liberties involving a child.
Investigators say he is accused of lewdly fondling or touching a child under the age of 14 on Jan. 28.
Zier was arrested Monday and charged the same day. He is scheduled to appear in court again April 22.
- On Ronelle’s Radar: Winds of change bring next cooldown and some rain
- 1 dead following shooting outside of youth football game in northeast Wichita
- US officials link Iran to emails meant to intimidate voters
- ‘Just kind of a shock to everybody’: Wrestling community mourns the sudden loss of longtime Grizzlies coach
- Kansas school districts adjusting for winter weather in already challenging year