WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) - The Wichita Police Department said a standoff near 119th and Taft is now over. They said the standoff ended peacefully.
According to officer Charley Davidson, officers were contacted by a man and woman yesterday afternoon. They told police that their 33-year-old son was intoxicated and pointed a gun at them. Officers couldn't find him yesterday. They followed up on the case today.
"Due to the individual having access to weapons, the Wichita Police Department SWAT team was activated to assist in working to contact this individual," said officer Davidson.
The 33-year-old man was taken into custody with the help of a K-9. The area will be reopen soon.
ON SOCIAL MEDIA
LOCATION OF STANDOFF
Look for updates online on KSN and KSN.com.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- The 30-year-old female farmer shattering...
- Kansas priest defrocked after child sex abuse...
- Wichita Open gives back to economy, charities
- Wanted: Emerson Isaiah Noble
- Winds pose challenge for golfers at Wichita Open