TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) — Topeka police are investigating a fatal shooting after a wounded man was found at the scene of a traffic accident.
Police say the car’s other occupant was arrested on several charges after the Saturday evening crash, but the woman wasn’t immediately charged with the man’s death. Authorities say the man and woman were found after a crash around 8 p.m. Saturday.
The wounded man, 31-year-old Anterio Deshazer of Topeka, died. Police spokeswoman Gretchen Koenen said the car’s driver, 31-year-old Neyl Beier of Topeka, is facing several charges including possession of a stolen firearm, driving on a suspended license and several unrelated traffic violations.
- Small shops are counting on Small Business Saturday to bring relief to finances
- High School Football: St. James Academy vs. Arkansas City, November 27, 2020
- Husband battles brain surgery and COVID-19, the couple reunited days before 50th wedding anniversary
- Price’s Pressure Points: Storm skirts by south!
- Segundos cheques de estímulo: Así es como Biden podría intentar impulsar la economía