TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) — Topeka police are investigating a fatal shooting after a wounded man was found at the scene of a traffic accident.
Police say the car’s other occupant was arrested on several charges after the Saturday evening crash, but the woman wasn’t immediately charged with the man’s death. Authorities say the man and woman were found after a crash around 8 p.m. Saturday.
The wounded man, 31-year-old Anterio Deshazer of Topeka, died. Police spokeswoman Gretchen Koenen said the car’s driver, 31-year-old Neyl Beier of Topeka, is facing several charges including possession of a stolen firearm, driving on a suspended license and several unrelated traffic violations.
- Korn Ferry Tour golfers prepare for heat, record-breaking crowds ahead of Wichita Open
- Beating the heat: Wichitans brave high temps
- As the temperature rises, so does crime
- Veteran Salute: Navy Corpsman says his job was to keep them alive
- KSN Storm Track 3 Digital Extra: Triple digit heat ahead of yearly average, hottest still to come Thursday