TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) – Police are investigating the shooting death of a 28-year-old man in central Topeka.
D’Angelo Payne was found dead Saturday night. Lt. Ron Ekis says officers responded to the scene after a report that shots were fired and a vehicle had crashed. Officers found D’Angelo Payne dead at the scene.
The Topeka Capital-Journal reports details of the crash and the shooting have not been released. Shawnee County District Court records show Payne was scheduled to appear May 7 on charges that included felony drug possession, which were filed after his arrest in December.
No arrests have been made in his death.
- Carole Baskin awarded zoo once owned by ‘Tiger King’ Joe Exotic
- Governor: Semi driver was confused when he drove into Minneapolis crowd
- Death toll grows in national protests
- On Ronelle’s Radar: Staying unseasonably hot over the coming days
- Dad and Me Selfie Photo Contest