BARTON COUNTY, Kan. (KSNW) – The Barton County Sheriff’s Office executed a search warrant at 1411 18th St. in Great Bend on Saturday as part of an ongoing methamphetamine distribution investigation case. Two suspects were taken into custody from a home.
Brent Bretz, 41, who lived at the home, was arrested on suspicion of meth possession with intent to distribute. Michael S. Johnson, 43, of rural Great Bend, was also arrested on suspicion of meth possession.
During the course of the investigation, detectives discovered methamphetamine, firearms, explosives, as well as drug paraphernalia.
Bretz is being held on a $50,000 bond. Johnson was arrested for possession of methamphetamine, he has since posted a $10000 bond and was released.
The sheriff’s office was assisted at the scene by the Great Bend Police Department detective division.
- High School Football: Concordia vs. Scott, October 30, 2020
- High School Football: Southeast vs. Derby, October 30, 2020
- High School Football: Clearwater vs. Holcomb, October 30, 2020
- High School Football: Larned vs. Andale, October 30, 2020
- High School Football: Washburn Rural vs. West, October 30, 2020