ARKANSAS CITY, Kan. (KSNW) – The Arkansas City Police Department arrested two people last Friday in connection with stealing Christmas gifts from a trunk of a car.
Police said 18-year-old Kadan R. Armstrong was arrested on suspicion of felony burglary and misdemeanor theft and 40-year-old Shannon L. Clark was arrested on suspicion of misdemeanor theft.
Police said in mid-December, officers took a report of a car burglary in the 300 block of North A Street. The victims said they were concealing $160 worth of toys in the trunk when they were allegedly stolen.
Police contacted a store where the listed items were stolen from. Some of the items were returned to that store. Police were able to identify the suspect based on security video.
Both suspects were interviewed and taken into custody.
- COVID-19 deaths in NYC exceed 4,000, topping toll for 9/11 attacks
- State assigns 35 more employees to answer unemployment calls
- April 11: Kansas Grown Farmers Market opens with new safety measures
- Country artist John Prine dead at 73 after battle with COVID-19
- Companies across the U.S. work to combat COVID-19 any way they can