MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Kan. (KSNW) – An Independence man is under arrest suspected in the murder of two men and the injury of one woman.
The Kansas Bureau of Investigation and the Independence Police Department served an arrest warrant to 18-year-old James T. S. Gofourth of Independence at 5:15 p.m Sunday at the Labette County Jail.
The arrest warrant alleged that Gofourth committed two counts of first-degree murder in the deaths of 27-year-old Tyler Cook and 24-year-old Rodricus Dawson.
Gofourth was also alleged to have committed one count of attempted first-degree murder for injuring a 27-year-old Independence woman. The woman remains hospitalized.
Gofourth was already in custody at the Labette County Jail for suspected offenses unrelated to the Friday morning homicides. The investigation is ongoing.
If you have any information about this case, call the KBI at 1-800-KS-CRIME, the Independence Police Department at 620-332-1700, or submit tips online.
- COVID-19 vaccine coming at perfect time for exhausted frontline workers
- One group steps up to bring more sporting live streams for winter sports
- Paige’s Prediction: Frigid start, turning mild by the weekend
- Forensic nurses, violence advocates see drop in survivors seeking help
- Judge dismisses criminal counts in Missouri duck boat deaths