ROOKS COUNTY, Kan. (KSNW) – The Kansas Bureau of Investigation, the Rooks County Attorney, and the Rooks County Sheriff’s Office, shared that the investigation into the murder of Mark Reif has now been closed.
Following an extensive and thorough investigation by the KBI, it was determined Jon Flowers, 47, of Inman, was responsible for the murder of 56-year-old Mark Reif. No evidence exists indicating any other person was involved in the crime.
The KBI said forensic testing has now been completed, and it revealed that a fired cartridge case located at the murder scene was fired from a pistol belonging to Flowers that agents collected during the investigation. The bullet removed at autopsy from Reif was also determined to have been fired from the same firearm.
Additionally, when Flowers was discovered dead in his home, a suicide note was nearby that claimed responsibility for killing Reif.
The preliminary autopsy of Flowers concluded that his death was the result of suicide.
- Dotson, Azubuike lift No. 3 Kansas over Tennessee 74-68
- Houston Outlasts Wichita State in OT, 64-56
- Woman kills retired trooper, self at Chicago-area cigar bar
- 18-year-old found shot to death in Kansas City, Kansas
- Emmitt Smith goes 1-on-1 with Walter Payton’s son to discuss first Super Bowl, all-time rushing record