WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Police are investigating a stabbing in west Wichita.
Police responded the call in the 500 block of North West Street at 11:05 a.m. Saturday.
Officers located a 38-year-old man with a stab wound to his abdomen. He was taken to a local hospital with serious but non-life threatening injuries.
A press release from officer Kevin Wheeler, Wichita Police Department, says a preliminary investigation shows the victim got in to a fight with another male. During the disturbance, the man was stabbed once.
Two individuals were detained near the scene. One woman was interviewed and released.
No arrests were made in connection to the stabbing, however a 38-year-old man was booked on outstanding warrants, unrelated to the investigation.
Wichita police say the stabbing was not a random incident, and there is no threat to the community.
The case is still under investigation and will be presented to the Sedgwick County District Attorney’s Office.
- Cheques de estímulo: ¿Existe alguna posibilidad de que obtengamos pagos directos de $1,200 en octubre?
- Sonic employees turn the pavement into dance floor for seven-year-old with Downs Syndrome
- Who’s first in line for the first COVID-19 vaccine?
- Chrissy Teigen’s heartbreaking announcement brings awareness to taboo topic of losing a baby
- 837,000 Americans filed for unemployment last week