WICHITA, Kan. (AP) – A Wichita father is charged with first-degree murder in the death of his 2-month-old son.
23-year-old Marlin Williams was charged Wednesday after his son, Marrell Williams, died Jan. 16.
Marlin Williams is also charged with three counts of aggravated battery.
Wichita police say they were called to a home Jan. 10 on a report that a child was not breathing. The boy was taken to a hospital after being found unresponsive.
He suffered critical injuries and medical personnel found he had previous injuries. His twin sister had a healing broken femur. Williams is being held on $500,000 bond.
- On Ronelle’s Radar: Rain chances go up, clouds stick around
- Wichita Public Schools will look at onsite learning option for 6th-12th graders
- ‘He is ready to go back’: Officer shot in Lyons making recovery alongside wife in hospital
- Actor Jeff Bridges reveals he has been diagnosed with lymphoma
- Texas woman dies of COVID-19 while on commercial flight