WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – The Wichita Police Department arrested a man on suspicion of criminal discharge of a firearm, felon in possession of a firearm and an outstanding warrant.
At approximately 12:25 p.m. Friday, officers were conducting follow-up at a home in the 4400 block of East Boston, stemming from the earlier shooting on East Bayley.
While investigating, police observed 22-year-old Antonio Johnson fire a shot into the air from a shotgun. There was no damage and no injuries.
The officers quickly arrested Johnson without further incident and recovered the shotgun. No shots were fired towards officers.
The incident was not related to an earlier shooting on Bayley.
The investigation is ongoing and the case will be presented to the Sedgwick County District Attorney’s Office.
- City, highway crews on standby to treat roads in Wichita
- Kansas drivers already experiencing icy road conditions ahead of expected winter weather
- Commissioners Cruse, Dennis react to lawmakers involved in attack ad lawsuit
- Chiefs rout Broncos 43-16 as Mahomes barely breaks a sweat
- Suspect in Leavenworth child abduction, double homicide in custody, yet to be charged