WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – A 42-year-old Wichita man was arrested on suspicion of attempted first-degree murder after strangling his girlfriend.
Police said a 34-year-old woman at a hospital reported that she was strangled by her boyfriend and battered.
Wichita police found the boyfriend, identified as Ryan Risley, and arrested him in the 1800 block of West 53rd Street North. He was booked on suspicion of attempted first-degree murder, aggravated domestic battery and criminal threat.
Police said the case will be presented to the Sedgwick County District Attorney.
HELP FOR DOMESTIC VIOLENCE VICTIMS
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233
- Wichita Family Crisis Center: (316) 267-7233
- StepStone: (316) 265-1611
- Harbor House at Catholic Charities: (316) 263-6000
- Racing community takes the wheel after a racer’s gear was stolen
- Carole Baskin booted from ‘Dancing with the Stars’
- House holds hearing on Paycheck Protection Program loan forgiveness
- Bodycam video shows the scene after the Breonna Taylor shooting
- Sentencing Tuesday for woman who decapitated ex-boyfriend’s mother