WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Wichita police tell KSN News they have arrested a 59-year-old man accused of criminal threat against Wichita Mayor Brandon Whipple.
On Friday, officials said they were alerted to threatening statements directed toward Mayor Whipple by Meredith Dowty of Wichita.
Officers and investigators immediately began investigating the threatening statements, leading to the arrest of Dowty Friday afternoon.
The investigation is ongoing, and it will be presented to the Sedgwick County District Attorney’s Office.
Mayor Brandon Whipple statement:
“Violence is never a way to settle disagreements. We’re always stronger together as a City even when times are at there toughest. Tensions maybe high, but we will get through this together as Wichitans. Chelsea, the boys and I appreciate the kind thoughts and prayers. We also would like to thank the brave men & women of the WPD who protect not just us but our whole community. Thank you for the fast response.”
- T.J.’s Forecast: Winter storm on the horizon, big changes tomorrow into early next week
- KBI: Arkansas man dead following an officer-involved shooting in Montgomery County
- See the 71 movies titles coming to Netflix in November
- Record surge: US shatters single-day mark of COVID-19 cases
- Taylor’s Forecast: Cooler and more wintry weather is on the way