WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Wichita police said Wednesday a 31-year-old man has been arrested in connection to a murder. Marco Carrillo-Fuentes of Wichita has been charged with second-degree murder in the stabbing death of 32-year-old Rickey Mason of Wichita on Nov. 29.
Oficers responded to a stabbing in the 1000 block of S. Richmond. They found Mason with critical injuries. He later died on the scene.
The investigation revealed that a fight broke out in which Carrillo-Fuentes produced a knife and stabbed Mason. Police said it was not a random incident.
- Backup QBs have seen plenty of action in NFL playoffs
- Construction roars despite pandemic woes at the Sedgwick County Zoo
- ‘Time to come together’: Black community leaders in Wichita reflect on impact of leadership on MLK Day
- Butler scores 30, unbeaten No. 2 Baylor tops No. 9 Kansas
- Sedgwick County Electric Cooperative breaks ground