WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – The Sedgwick County District Attorney’s Office said a Wichita man was sentenced for a shooting death in west Wichita early last year.
A judge sentenced 27-year-old Tanner Mora to life with parole eligibility after 25 years. A jury convicted Mora of felony first-degree murder during the commission of aggravated robbery which occurred during the sale of marijuana.
On February 6, 2019, the body of 22-year-old Lorenzo Wade was found in the parking lot of Genesis Health Club in the 3700 block of W. 13th. He had multiple gunshot wounds. A bag of marijuana was found next to the body.
Police later arrested Mora and 21-year-old Ashantis Bledsoe. Bledsoe is awaiting trial.
- KBI agents put to the test handling three officer-involved shooting on top of current caseload
- Local ICU nurses facing fatigue as pandemic continues on
- Positive Connections: Strangers rebuild kidney donor’s home after fire
- Strong numbers continue for early voting
- Teachman’s Take: Misty night gives way to a brief warm up, snow still on track this weekend