WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Wichita police arrested three people in connection to a fatal shooting that occurred on Sunday morning.
Officer Kevin Wheeler said officers were dispatched to a shooting call at the Country Inn located in the 800 block of South Broadway around 5:15.
Police located the 55-year-old Timothy Austin who had been shot once in the upper body. Austin was transported to a local hospital in critical condition. He later died from his injuries.
The investigation revealed Austin was involved in a fight with a group of people when he was shot.
According to jail booking records, 49-year-old Bryant D. Bailey, 52-year-old Robyn L. Murphy, and 60-year-old Annette Williams were arrested on suspicion of first-degree murder.
No other injuries were reported. Police said the shooting was not a random incident and is believed to be drug-related.
The Wichita Police Department is encouraging anyone with information to contact the Homicide Section at (316) 268-4181. They can also call the See Something, Say Something Hotline at (316) 519-2282, or they can call Crime Stoppers anonymously at (316) 267-2111.
- Houston Outlasts Wichita State in OT, 64-56
- Woman kills retired trooper, self at Chicago-area cigar bar
- 18-year-old found shot to death in Kansas City, Kansas
- Emmitt Smith goes 1-on-1 with Walter Payton’s son to discuss first Super Bowl, all-time rushing record
- 49ers’ Super Bowl run has similarities to 1981 title team