WINFIELD, Kan. (KSNW) – A Winfield High School employee is charged with aggravated indecent liberties with a child under 16.
On Sunday, police said a juvenile and parent reported to Winfield police that some incidents took place with an employee at the school.
After investigating the allegations, 21-year-old Brenden Jantzen was arrested and taken to the Cowley County Jail. Jantzen was formally charged in Cowley County District Court on Wednesday according to Winfield Police Department.
Jantzen has bonded out of the Cowley County Jail.
His job duties at Winfield High School included working as a custodian and in the in-school suspension program.
SCHOOL DISTRICT STATEMENT:
As this is an ongoing investigation, the district does not comment on personal matters. The board of education will consider what action to take at the board meeting, Monday, September 9th.
Dr. Nathan Reed
- Experts fear bad tick season amid coronavirus pandemic
- Bubonic Plague case diagnosed in China
- Oscar-winning movie composer Ennio Morricone dead at 91
- ‘God has another angel’: Broadway star Nick Cordero dies at 41 after COVID-19 battle
- Australia to shut border between its 2 largest states as Melbourne infections surge