WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – The U.S. Attorney’s office announced Wednesday that Audrey Elkins, 42, Winfield, is charged with one count of embezzlement.
The crime is alleged to have occurred November 2010 to November 2017.
The indictment alleges that while she was an employee of William Newton Memorial Hospital Credit Union, Elkins stole more than $599,000. The indictment alleges she created fictitious loans and converted the money to her own use.
If convicted, she could face a penalty of up to 30 years in federal prison and a $1 million fine. The FBI investigated this case.
- Sedgwick County officials mulling changes at intersection after crash kills mother and four kids
- Health officer evaluating health order weekly, business owners hope for fewer restrictions
- Carro choca contra el Bank of America en la calle 31 y Seneca
- Wichitans rally in Riverside Park in solidarity with Breonna Taylor
- Elderly pizza man gets $12,000 dollars from Tik Tok fans