WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – A woman was charged in connection to a criminal homicide that happened in June in northeast Wichita.
According to jail booking records, 41-year-old Amber K. Ahrens was arrested Tuesday in the 400 block of North Ash on suspicion of second-degree intentional murder, criminal possession of a firearm, and possession or distribution of opiates.
She was charged Thursday in Sedgwick County Court for second-degree murder and criminal possession of a weapon by a felon. Her bond is set at $150,000
On June 17, officers responded to a disturbance with shots fired at a home in the 1200 block of North Pinecrest. Upon arrival, officers located 53-year-old David Leddy of Wichita in the front of the home with a gunshot wound. He was pronounced dead.
Police said their investigation revealed a disturbance ensued earlier in the day at the home between Leddy and a 19-year-old man who did not live there. During the disturbance, Leddy’s vehicle was damaged, and the 19-year-old was battered.
The 19-year-old man’s 41-year-old mother and three friends, a 44-year-old female, a 54-year-old male, and a 31-year-old female, later arrived at the home. A fight then ensued in front of the house, and shots were fired that struck Leddy.
The case will be presented to the Sedgwick County District Attorney’s Office.
- Larned Correctional Mental Health Facility confirms 43 COVID-19 cases
- Hand sanitizer recall: US brands join FDA list of ‘toxic’ sanitizers
- Chiefs and Travis Kelce agree on contract extension, report says
- VIDEO: Louisiana woman says ‘God was definitely with us’ during lightning strike
- Clear the Shelters: Actor Dennis Quaid adopts cat named Dennis Quaid