LAWRENCE, Kan. (AP) – A Lawrence woman charged with sex crimes involving two young teenagers pleaded to lesser charges and was given two years of probation.
Thirty-year-old Alisia Clark was originally charged with two felonies after she allegedly exposed herself, engaged in sexual conversation and groped a child who was 13 and another who was 14.
The Lawrence Journal-World reports Cheek entered a plea deal that included dropping the two counts of aggravated battery. She was sentenced Wednesday.
Court documents show both children told police the inappropriate actions happened when Cheek was drunk.
Cheek’s attorney, Michael Clarke, told Judge Sally Pokorny Wednesday Cheek was now sober and he had no doubt she would successfully complete her probation.
Cheek has an underlying one-year sentence if her probation is revoked.
- ‘It’s heartbreaking’: Many come out to pay respects for 3-year-old KCK girl found dead
- Florida man accused of setting Catholic church on fire
- Taylor’s Forecast: Sunny until storms develop out west later today
- Wichita Black Lives Matter march interrupted by counter-protesters
- Crews respond to explosion, barn fire in Butler County