WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – The Wichita Police Department has made an arrest in a south Wichita motel homicide.
According to Sedgwick County Jail arrest records, Ricky L. Hollins, Jr. was booked on suspicion of first-degree murder in connection to the case.
At approximately 10:10 a.m. on Thursday, officers responded to a call of an unresponsive woman in a room at the Budget Motel in the 1300 block of South Broadway.
Police said a staff member of the motel located 33-year-old Stephanie Duran of Wichita in the room and called the police.
Officers located Duran with injuries to her body. She was unresponsive and pronounced dead. Investigators are working to determine what occurred.
- COVID-19 vaccine coming at perfect time for exhausted frontline workers
- One group steps up to bring more sporting live streams for winter sports
- Paige’s Prediction: Frigid start, turning mild by the weekend
- Forensic nurses, violence advocates see drop in survivors seeking help
- Judge dismisses criminal counts in Missouri duck boat deaths