HUTCHINSON, Kan. (AP) – Hutchinson police say a 29-year-old woman who was found unconscious in an alley in August has died.
The Hutchinson Police department were dispatched to the 700 block of west 7th avenue, August 24, where they met a citizen who discovered an unconscious female laying in an alley.
Police identified the woman as Lora Beth Stratton of Hutchinson. Stratton, who was unresponsive at the scene, was transported for medical care.
Stratton had been on life support at a Wichita hospital since she was found strangled. She died Wednesday.
Two people were arrested in Stratton’s assault. Reno County Deputy District Attorney Tom Stanton says he has filed a motion to amend the charge against Isaac Granville Ervin but a hearing on that motion has not been set.
Stanton said he will seek a first-degree murder charge against Ervin, who is currently is charged with attempted premeditated murder, which will be heard September 6.
Delshay Ronda Vinsonhaler remains charged with aggravated battery and obstruction. Stanton said he doesn’t plan to amend those charges but did not say why.
- ‘She looks beautiful. She looks happy on stage’: Jenny Wood has first performance since accident
- Veteran Salute: Vietnam Vet says many of his comrades have already passed
- Police presence near Central and Tyler
- U.S. Navy confirms some UFO videos are the real deal
- One person critically hurt in motorcycle accident