WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) - Wichita police said a 28-year-old woman is in critical condition after being shot in the face during a domestic violence situation.
The shooting happened around 4:40 Monday afternoon in the 2500 block of South Maize Court.
When officers arrived, they weren't able to gain access to the home. A 40-year-old man was inside the home and answered the door. Officers said the man appeared to be applying aid to the victim.
"Officers made contact with a 28-year-old woman with a gunshot wound to the face. She was taken to an area hospital. She remains in critical condition at this time," said officer Charley Davidson, Wichita Police Department.
After the initial investigation, a 40-year-old man, identified on jail booking sheets as Ontario M. Cruz, was booked for aggravated battery and domestic violence. Officers are continuing to look into the case.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Kansas to give out $5M in security funds to schools
- Wichita city manager releases proposed budget
- Victim in house explosion near Mulvane dies
- Harvey County sheriff's deputy arrested
- LINK | Register to vote in Kansas