WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – A woman accused of dragging and running over a deputy in June 2019 pleaded guilty on Thursday.
Melissa Heinzman appeared in Sedgwick County court. She entered a guilty plea to aggravated battery against a law enforcement officer and a lesser crime.
It stems from a traffic stop where she was pulled over by a deputy. She drove off dragging the deputy and running over her ankle.
Sentencing for Heinzman is scheduled for March.
- KSN Storm Track 3 Digital Extra: Perseid Meteor Shower Peaking
- Practice will look different for Fall sports
- Border Protection finds $60 million worth of marijuana in a shipment of limes
- Overcrowding at the jail: A growing problem during the pandemic
- Conversaciones sobre la reintegración de los estudiantes continua para el distrito escolar USD 259