WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – A woman accused of dragging and running over a deputy in June 2019 pleaded guilty on Thursday.
Melissa Heinzman appeared in Sedgwick County court. She entered a guilty plea to aggravated battery against a law enforcement officer and a lesser crime.
It stems from a traffic stop where she was pulled over by a deputy. She drove off dragging the deputy and running over her ankle.
Sentencing for Heinzman is scheduled for March.
- Homework Hotline: An academic resource for Wichita Public School students
- Veteran Salute: WAVES teach WWII fighters how to fly blind
- Wild video shows Kyle Shanahan correctly predict penalty before it happens
- Wednesday’s Kansas college basketball scores
- Fourth Quarter Surge Lifts USF over The Lady Shockers