WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Wichita police announced Tuesday they arrested 30-year-old Deadrian Burns of Wichita on suspicion of attempted first-degree murder and aggravated battery.
Wichita police said around noon on Sunday, officers responded to an assault call at a home in
the 5100 block of East New Jersey Drive. They found Burns fighting with a 44-year-old man outside.
Police said their investigation revealed the two men went to the store and got into an argument at that time. Burns walked back to the home where he threatened and strangled a 23-year-old woman until she was unconscious. He also dropped her 2-month-old son on the ground outside. Burns called the 44-year-old man where he threatened to further harm the woman. She locked herself and her son inside a car and called 911. Police said she was transported to the hospital with serious injuries.
The case will be presented to the Sedgwick County District Attorney’s Office.
- Competitive Drive: A new look Caleb Grill with UNLV makes return to Sunflower State
- COVID-19 vaccine coming at perfect time for exhausted frontline workers
- Operation Santa from the USPS goes digital
- One group steps up to bring more sporting live streams for winter sports
- Teenager seriously injured in west Wichita shooting