WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Wichita police announced Tuesday they arrested 30-year-old Deadrian Burns of Wichita on suspicion of attempted first-degree murder and aggravated battery.
Wichita police said around noon on Sunday, officers responded to an assault call at a home in
the 5100 block of East New Jersey Drive. They found Burns fighting with a 44-year-old man outside.
Police said their investigation revealed the two men went to the store and got into an argument at that time. Burns walked back to the home where he threatened and strangled a 23-year-old woman until she was unconscious. He also dropped her 2-month-old son on the ground outside. Burns called the 44-year-old man where he threatened to further harm the woman. She locked herself and her son inside a car and called 911. Police said she was transported to the hospital with serious injuries.
The case will be presented to the Sedgwick County District Attorney’s Office.
- Snow leopard at San Diego Zoo suspected positive for COVID-19
- Video shows man at New Mexico anti-mask protest point gun at passing driver
- Kansas labor unions rally in support of sweeping reform bill, workers’ rights
- First Olympic beach volleyball match canceled due to COVID
- Unvaccinated US swimmer sparks debate as Olympics start