Feb. 20, 2020 (02-02-2020) is the first eight digit palindrome of its kind since 11-11-1111, University of Portland professor Aziz Inan told USA TODAY Saturday.
Most palindromes only work if you write them in seven or less digits– i.e. 9-19-19, but this one can be written in eight.
What makes the 02-02-2020 palindrome even more unique is that it also works internationally. Whether you write the date in American order, day/month/year, or as many other countries do, month/day/year, it’s the same combination.
There won’t be another palindrome like this one for another 101 years – 12-12-2121.
- Best gifts currently on sale from Ulta for the beauty lover on your list
- WATCH: Fire breaks out in Arrowhead parking lot, no one injured
- Playing it safe with holiday shopping: Chocolates, gift baskets are ‘most universally enjoyed gifts’
- Best budget gifts for your grandpa
- Is this the creepiest Christmas tree of 2021? ‘You cannot unsee it,’ witness claims