MADISON, Wisc. (WMTV) – A bullet fired into a Madison, Wisconsin home last week missed a sleeping toddler by inches, coming to rest in a stuffed “Baby Shark” toy by her head.
After officers responded to reports of shots fired they found dozens of shell casings and damage to nearby homes and cars. Additional canvassing and searching when the sun came up revealed more shell casings, as well as the bullet found in the child’s stuffed toy.
The toddler’s mother said she felt “lucky” but also scared. She said her 3-year-old girl was playing with the toy about 30 minutes before falling asleep at the foot of her bed.
Investigators said the bullet hit the gutter, traveled up, entered the 2nd-floor room and made contact with the stuffed toy. The toy was five to 10 inches from the toddler’s head.
- Judge refuses to release 34 ICE detainees with criminal records in California
- KU Athletics imposing new pay cuts, furloughs to cut costs
- Ft. Leavenworth soldier stops active shooter by striking him with vehicle
- Heart Warrior: Renee Walker
- Crave Beauty Academy Wichita: What To Expect During Your Appointment