PROVO, Utah (KTVX) – BYU pole vaulter, Zach McWhorter, is going viral on the social media platform, TikTok, but for a painful price.
McWhorter, a 21-year-old student, was practicing his pole vaulting skills when disaster struck. At first, the video he posted to TikTok seems like it was a normal jump however, when his pole didn’t fall the right way, it essentially impaled his scrotum.
According to Fox Sports, the athlete’s dad rushed him to the hospital where he received 18 stitches. Luckily, McWhorter says he only has a scar from the viral incident.
So far, McWhorter’s TikTok video has millions of views.
- Greenwood County Sheriff’s Office delivers essentials to encourage residents to stay home
- Wichita Athlete Feeling Impact of Postponed 2020 Tokyo Paralympic Games
- Stay-at-home order prompts push for abortion clinic closure
- 3 confirmed COVID-19 cases at Lansing Correctional Facility
- Harvey County confirms second COVID-19 case