KISSIMMEE, Fla. (WESH) – A Florida officer was in the right place at the right time when a baby began choking on a goldfish cracker.
Footage from the officer’s body camera shows the dramatic moment Amanda Zimmerman handed her lifeless 18-month-old boy to the officer.
MJ choked on a Goldfish cracker and was no longer breathing. While officers tried to help, his mother screamed in agony.
“I was just beside myself,” Zimmerman told WESH-TV.
Eventually, the officer put MJ on his back and began CPR until the little boy let out a gasp.
When the Kissimmee Fire Department arrived, they took the child to the hospital where doctors said he was going to be just fine.
- Police: Man arrested after allegedly trying to drown girl in pond
- Costco brings back wine advent calendars for $99.99
- Newsfeed Now: Officer saves 2-year-old boy; WWII canteen returned to family
- Romney OKs voting on court nominee, all but assures approval
- CDC warns Americans to ‘avoid’ trick-or-treating for Halloween