BRANDON TOWNSHIP, Mich. (CNN) – Security video shows a truck slamming into a gas station in Michigan after the driver says he decided to try out his new tires.
Police say the driver, 24-year-old William Edmonds, accelerated as he drove around the gas pump, struck a curb and lost control before crashing into the store.
Security video then shows Edmonds removing the truck’s license plate and running out of the store.
Edmonds admitted to drinking beer and says it was all an accident.
He’s charged with reckless driving and failing to report an accident.
- KSN Storm Track 3 Digital Extra: Perseid Meteor Shower Peaking
- Practice will look different for Fall sports
- Border Protection finds $60 million worth of marijuana in a shipment of limes
- Overcrowding at the jail: A growing problem during the pandemic
- Conversaciones sobre la reintegración de los estudiantes continua para el distrito escolar USD 259